VAT exemption information

Eligibility declaration by a disabled person

Which products are eligible for VAT relief?
Products in our catalogue specifically to aid disability will have an eligibility notification by them. These products can be purchased exempt of VAT (Valued Added Tax).

Who is eligible?

You may be eligible for VAT exemption if you're disabled or suffer with a chronic sickness. You should complete this declaration if you are 'chronically sick or disabled' and the goods or services are for your own personal or domestic use. A family member or carer can complete this on your behalf if you wish.

You can find out more from the Help Sheets on the HMRC website or by telephoning the VAT Disabled Reliefs Helpline on 0300 123 1073. HMRC staff cannot advise whether or not an individual is chronically sick or disabled.

A person is 'chronically sick or disabled' if he or she is a person:

  • With a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his or her ability to carry out everyday activities;
  • With a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness.

It does not include an elderly person who is not disabled or chronically sick or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.

If you are unsure, you should seek guidance from your GP or other Medical Professional, however you do not need a doctor’s letter or other such documentation.

How do I claim?
You will need to complete the simple VAT exemption declaration on this site. We will then process your order at the retail price quoted on your order less the VAT element where applicable.

Buying for someone else
If you are buying a product for someone who has a long-term medical condition, is chronically sick or disabled you can claim the VAT exemption on their behalf. You must fill in the details of the person who is entitled to claim VAT relief.

Important Information

You must be sure of your eligibility for VAT relief before completing the declaration. If you are unsure please call the National Advice Service on 0300 123 1073. The goods ordered must be for your personal or domestic use only. The VAT relief does not apply to the posting and packaging charges. The completed form is retained by us for presentation to the VAT office only.



Your basket is empty