Ableworld Coronavirus Updates
As a caring business, we pride ourselves on being there for our customers daily, with help and advice. Coronavirus has given us some additional challenges but we are really pleased we have been able to continue supporting customers and our National Health Service during an extremely difficult time and continue to do so on a daily basis.
Latest update: Following the most recent Government update regarding retail in the UK, all of our Ableworld stores and services remain open, with no appointment needed. All of our retail staff in store, engineers and drivers will be following social distancing and cleanliness guidelines, including wearing face coverings (unless they have a personal reason for exemption).
Our main aim is to help customers remain independent and as an ethical mobility retailer our customers safety is always our top priority. We have, therefore put steps in place to enable us to continue to support vulnerable people within our communities to ensure we keep everyone safe, and you can continue to get the same great service from any Ableworld store.
- All shops are being disinfected on a daily basis by our teams. This includes high touch points such as handles, products, counter tops, card machines and other shop fittings.
- We are practicing Social Distancing in all stores and are asking customers to adhere to these guidelines. We have reminders around the store.
- All staff are following strict self-hygiene routines including regular hand washing and use of hand sanitiser regularly throughout the day
- All staff are wearing face coverings (unless they are personally exempt due to medical reasons)
- We have hand sanitiser available on entry to our stores and at various points around the shop, and encourage customers to use it.
- We are displaying our COVID Secure 5 steps to safer working posters in all shop windows
- Any member of staff, or family member showing any symptoms of COVID-19 are being asked to self-isolate.
- Our delivery drivers are sanitising their vehicles daily and using hand sanitiser before and after any delivery.
- Drivers and engineers are provided with face masks, gloves and coveralls.
- Lateral flow tests are available to all staff and we are encouraging them to participate weekly.
- Our Risk assessments are being updated to include Coronavirus advice and they can be found here for Shops, Delivery Drivers/Engineers and Head Office Staff.
- We are monitoring Government advice which is changing regularly and ensuring we do everything to keep our customers and staff safe, so these steps may change to ensure we comply with all regulations.
We are doing everything possible to ensure we protect everyone, however, if you are still worried we understand. Please don’t hesitate to call your local store with any questions and we will endeavour to help you.
We are still offering our free home demonstration service so if you would prefer we come to you please call your local store to arrange. Our staff are provided with all relevant PPE to ensure we keep you safe if we need to come to your home.
To find the opening hours for your nearest store please click here: Store Locator page.
Some items can be purchased via our website if they do not require an assessment. These are processed via courier and delivered to your home via a contactless delivery service.
We hope you stay safe and well, and look forward to seeing you soon.