- Make sure you Keep Cool – Think of ways to cool of your yard. Simple shading solutions can be great, such as an umbrella or a sun shade sail, however there are more natural solutions for those who prefer a more organic garden. Why not plant a tree, or place a fountain? Areas under trees can be 20 degrees cooler than adjacent sunny spots. Fountains can be a soothing way to keep call in the sun from a cooling evaporation effect.
- Keep your deck nice and fresh – Hosing down your deck or patio can make a huge difference to the feel of your garden. It helps it feel fresh, clean and bright which is perfect for the summer months. Clean down any garden furniture with a wet cloth and notice the glisten of your fresh summer garden.
- Water your pots in the morning and evening – Did you know, it’s best to water your pots and beds first in the morning or last thing at night?
- Why not try our multi-use Garden Kneeler – Our Garden Kneeler adds a padded base for additional comfort on your knees whilst you work in the garden. It can also be used as a seat to have a rest and soak up that lovely sunshine during the summer.
- Raise the Deck when mowing – A lot of lawns look browner over the summer period. This is mainly to do with setting your cutting height to low on the mower. Start higher with your first cut of the year and slowly work your way down to your desired height. Work your way back up to the highest as we move into early Autumn and this will guarantee a greener, fresher lawn.
- September 2021