Engineer - Shrewsbury/Newport
Job Title: Engineer
Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Hours: 9am to 5.30pm, 5 days over 6 on a rota basis
Salary: £21,500 pa plus generous company bonus (circa up to £25,500k pa) - Salary reviewed following probation period
Areas: Shrewsbury & Newport
An exciting position has arisen for an experienced Engineer who is interested in learning about mobility products and equipment. You will be based at the engineering workshops in Shrewsbury and Newport (travelling between the two as required), where you will complete high quality control checks on a range of equipment such as mobility scooters, wheelchairs and powerchairs etc.
You will also have the opportunity to learn about various products and offer excellent customer service to our customers.
Ableworld is the leading Mobility and Stairlift Retailer in the UK, we have reached this position by our core values and ethics being established in the helm of the organisation. Formed in 2000, Ableworld UK Ltd has grown to seventeen owned stores, based predominantly in the North West alongside a strong franchise brand which spreads the breadth of the UK.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Checking, repairing and servicing products in the workshop
- Completing all relevant paperwork both manual and electronic
- Liaising with Head Office and customers about repairs, servicing etc
- Maintaining all tools, spares and equipment within a safe working condition
- Keeping the work area in a clean and tidy condition
- Supporting the store on deliveries and other collections (recycling etc) when required
Skills and Experience:
- Good customer service skills
- IT literacy keyboard skills and experience of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Clear and detailed communication - written and verbal
- Strong light engineering/servicing background
- Methodical with attention to detail and a practical approach to work
- High-quality standards and workmanship
- Motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Time management
- Team player
A full valid driving licence is essential as a company van will be provided along with all workwear and tools to support your job.
A DBS disclosure will be required for this position (for which Ableworld will meet the cost).
We will offer you:
- Generous bonus scheme
- 28 days holiday inc. bank holidays increasing with length of service
- Workplace pension
- Training & Development
- Opportunity for career progression
- Health & Wellness program
- Company events
If you are interested please apply with a covering letter and CV to [email protected]