Ableworld try to support local charities as much as possible, and Christmas usually give us an opportunity to encourage our teams to offer support to others in need.
With the pandemic, this year, Ableworld Head Office decided to support Nantwich Foodbank with their reverse advent calendar appeal. The pandemic has affected so many lives in so many different ways and those relying on foodbanks has increased dramatically during the last 12 months.
Nantwich foodbank was set up in 2013 and has grown year on year, supporting more people in the local community who may need help. Foodbanks across the UK deliver a food parcel approximately every 9 seconds.
Sara Chesters, Senior Operations Manager for Ableworld said
“We always try to support a local charity over the Christmas period, as our head office team are always keen to support and looking for ways to help others. We saw the reverse advent calendar and thought it was a fantastic opportunity to support a great local cause. We quickly received a large number of donations and have continued to remind colleagues throughout November to bring items in, just by picking up a few extra items during a weekly shop, or adding an extra gift for someone while Christmas shopping, and what an amazing response we received. As you can see, we have collected a huge amount of gifts, treats, food and money which has all been handed over to a very appreciative team this morning at Nantwich Foodbank. We are really pleased we have been able to help, hopefully make someone’s Christmas a little easier this year.
A spokesperson from Nantwich Foodbank said “Wow, thank you so much. We rely on donations and really appreciate you and your colleagues for supporting our cause this year. You really will make a difference to so many local people this Christmas. Thank you”
Please support and utilise your local foodbank
There are many local foodbanks around the UK and we would encourage everyone to think about making a donation of whatever they can to support them. Anyone, from any walk of life could find themselves reliant on a foodbank and we think its fantastic what these volunteers do to help others. We also want to encourage people to use their local foodbanks if they are in need, they are there to help, for whatever reason that may be. Search online for your local foodbank or contact your local Citizens Advice or Social Services teams.
Everyone at Ableworld would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas
With Black Friday upon us I’m sure a lot of us are excited to dive in and snap up loads of ‘Bargains’ this festive period so we can treat ourselves and loved ones. We wanted to remind you to stay alert whilst Online shopping; especially over the next few weeks coming up to Christmas.
- Make sure you do your Research on companies online to make sure they’re legitimate. There is nothing worse than thinking you have found a bargain and it turning out to be a fake website and it never arrives. It is best to follow your gut when online shopping. Try and stick to popular retailers to ensure a safe purchase.
- A quick and easy way to find out if the website is secure is to look in the top left corner in the browser and look for the padlock. This will ensure this website is secure and safe to buy from. Another way to check this is making sure the URL has HTTPS in. The “S” indicated that the website is secure as well.
- When creating an account online, your account will usually save personal details so we need to make these secure by using a strong password. The only personal information you need to provide is your Name, Address and payment details.
- When spending a larger amount over £100, when possible use a Credit card or even PayPal. You will have more protection this way. This is because you are covered by ‘section 75’ of the Consumer Credit Act. This means the credit card company has equal ‘Liability’ with the seller if there’s a problem with the things you’ve bought or the company fails.
- Avoid using Public Wi-Fi. Your personal phone data will be more secure than this.
We wanted to share some tips to make sure you are really getting yourself a good deal this Black Friday and festive season. In order to guarantee yourself a saving, you will need to firstly prepare the items you are looking to purchase and search for the cheapest price beforehand. This will make you aware on what you should be paying. Make sure you stay up to date with their promotions and offers via Social Media platforms, or subscribing to their email marketing campaigns. This will allow you to get to know the Brand on a closer level and may potentially save you a lot from false promises on Black Friday. Finally make sure the website is secure that you are buying from.
Recent research carried out by Which? reveals that many items which are shown on “offer” have actually been cheaper earlier in the year. Just because it says deal doesn’t necessarily mean it’s cheaper. Some companies rely on people falling for their marketing messages. However, there is no doubt some items will have great savings! We just want to make sure you get the best genuine offers.
As a caring and Ethical Mobility Retailer, we wanted to make sure you stay safe whilst Online Shopping.We hope you have found this information useful and we wish you all the best with your Christmas Shopping.
Stay safe and we hope to see you soon.
Christmas is now only a few weeks away and we're sure that most of you are well into your Christmas present shopping. If you’re struggling with gift ideas this festive time, then let us give you a hand. At Ableworld we not only have a huge range of Disabled Aids for those special loved ones, but we also have special gift ideas that can be useful for everyone. Remember, the practical and useful presents are often the best received!
Our team of Santa’s elves have sourced a wide range of ideal Mobility gifts, to give you some gifting inspiration this Christmas.
Our top 5 Gift ideas to share with you are…
1. Telescopic Back Scratcher. Starting off with a perfect Stocking filler, our handy Telescopic Back Scratcher is ideal for reaching those places you usually can’t. It can be extended up to 70cm, making it ideal to be used by anyone! Available in a range of bright colours, and featuring an anti-slip cushion grip on its stainless steel arm, at £2.99 this is a steal this Christmas!
2. Wooden Lap Tray. Our attractive and functional lap tray will make breakfast in bed, writing and crafts easy and comfortable. It features a built in cushion beneath the tray, making it super comfortable when resting on your lap. It is available in two styles, either kittens or puppies, making this an ideal and practical gift for most.
3. Picture Dial Telephone. This gift is ideal for those loved ones who struggle to use a normal dial telephone, or have slight hearing troubles. The Picture Dial Telephone is easy to use as it has 6 direct programmable buttons where you can add a picture to the button, for easy association. It has an optical flashing alert for an incoming call, and is hearing aid compatible. This phone will give you and your loved ones added peace of mind over the festive period.
4. Back Soother Support Cushion. Our Back Soother Support Cushion is a cosy fibre filled cushion which literally wraps round the users body and lumbar region to support the back. It is the ideal companion for use around the home or in the office, or it also works equally well on a wheelchair or a scooter. By providing comfort, warmth and support, this would be a very well received gift this Christmas.
5. Cheshire Deluxe Riser Recliner Chair. As our luxury gift idea this Christmas, we have chosen our loveable Cheshire Deluxe Riser Recliner chair. The Cheshire Deluxe is made in the UK, and is not only a luxury looking model, but it is extremely comfortable too. As well as having a dual motor for independent backrest and footrest operation, this luxury chair also comes with a tilt In Space feature. This chair will rise and tilt users to their feet by the touch of a button, taking away all pressure and effort from the user. Available in two designs, Button back or Waterfall back, and in various colour and pattern options. If you wanted to spoil a loved one this Christmas time then the Cheshire Deluxe is certainly a worthy option!
As well as our top 5 gift ideas, we have a whole selection of mobility aids to help with various needs. We have Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs and Walking Sticks to help with mobility, as well as Kitchen Accessories, Steps & Stools and Grab Rails, to help with Household tasks.
Our friendly staff span across our 35 UK stores, and are all on hand to help with any queries in store or over the phone. Take a look at where your closest Ableworld store is on our Store Locator.
We hope to see you in store soon, and wishing you a lovely Christmas time with family and friends!